new card help

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by mike09, Jul 18, 2003.

1. mike09

mike09 Moderator

i got my new 9500 pro and it runs fine but the picture is all distorted like there are vertical bars of distorted pixels they look like enlarged pixles and they are in about 4 bars crossing the entire screen. i have the internal power connected. also when i have the card in my case it doesnt seem to sit right in my case. when its in it kinda moves from side to side a little. the card is inserted fully into the slot and it still moves. many thanks in advacned.

2. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

If you've got any kind of artifacts like that it's not running fine!

9500 pro should be perfect image (one exception is horizontal tearing and that just means you need to turn vertical sync on in the options menu).

Did you completely remove the old video card drivers?

Have you installed the catalyst 3.4 or 3.5 drivers (either works fine and can be found at guru3d or ATI web sites).

As for the card wobbling make sure you put the screew into the bracket and make sure the agp slot clip at the back end is engaged.

If drivers are good and artifacts are still there call tech support and ask about it. could be a bad card.

3. mike09

mike09 Moderator

yeah i have the new 3.6 drivers i had it running fine this morning but then i got the artifacts came back. i went to my local computer store to talk about this and the manager said that maybe the card is bad, so i'll call support in the morning.

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

nothing is overclocked by any chance ?

5. mike09

mike09 Moderator

nope.