New Build

Are you using a Core 2 with DDR2 RAM too? Wonder why all your scores are that low. :s
My memory sub-score is a 5.8 and I'm just using 2 GB of DDR400 RAM with a dual-core Opteron.

DDR2 has a higher latency than DDR. That explains it for the regular boxes with regular DDR2 mem.

Higher latency (read, non-premium DDR) DDR-400 modules will also have higher latencies and this will lead to lower scores across the board for Vista.

My scores are all 5.x and higher except for my hdd's. And this is because of the IDE drives I have/non RAID. My s-ata drive would easily give me 5.x or higher :D

Yeah, that's probably what it is. :)

My lowest sub-score is a 5.0 for "Gaming graphics" (256MB PCI-e 6800GT). I haven't installed a game on my PC for more than a year though, so I'm not too bothered. The Xbox 360 is my gaming box. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back