New Build Prob

M

Mr Dead

Built a new system for a friend but getting probs with the abit kd7 mobo. Upright the system randomy reboots, but sideways seems to work ok!!!!!!

keep getting the following error in windows -

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 005833F6 BCP3 : F7FDFA1C
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

anyone know what that means?

I don't what the error codes mean although the second one seems to be related to Windows XPand its Service Pack. Can you give a little more info like when you get the error codes and some system spec's as it would make trying to figure out the problem a bit easier.

Sounds to me like a mechanical problem, software don't care which way is up.

Look at everything very carefully, pull and re-seat all components and connections.

"BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1 "

The "5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product" clearly has something to do with service pack 1. My guess is that the instal did not copy some files right. If I was you, I would reinstal windows now when you don't have anything on the drive, then if problems exist later on, you won't need to worry about all the data on the disk.

Originally posted by Mr Dead
Built a new system for a friend but getting probs with the abit kd7 mobo. Upright the system randomy reboots, but sideways seems to work ok!!!!!!

keep getting the following error in windows -

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 005833F6 BCP3 : F7FDFA1C
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

anyone know what that means?

this itself seems to be an sp1 and/or hardware problem...

if it is just software related than sideways/upright booting should NOT matter... certainly please do check all your hardware to make SURE it is not only SEATED properly but also held properly... there may be a loose clasp or something on one of your device which is causing it to swing slightly loose when you place your rig upright... coz then all your parts are horizontal to the ground...

pythro has a good suggestion... definitely reinstall windows if you can.. but also PLEASE make sure your hardware is not loose in its sockets.. namely your pci/agp cards and/or coolers... though the latter should not matter too much... it will either work or burn out lol... :)

check all cards, parts and also connections.... not just that you think their plugged in but also things like make sure all the pins on the wires are seated in the connector body housings and that nothing seems loose once plugged in.

have had both these problems and they can spook you.

like had one hardrive that had a bad solder joints on the power connector on the drive itsself....... everytime i rebuilt it would work fine ....... then after person brought back home it would crash, or not boot correctly and loose files off drive so everytime it was different error codes or blue screens finally found it cause once i got it running again got playing with connectors and when i wiggled the power connector on drive it would keep spinning up and parking as i did so and finally crashed........ (last western digital ill ever buy, as Ive had different probs with many)

Check the grounding screw(s) that attaches the MoBo to the chassis. There may be a bad ground connection when you have it standing upright and a more solid connection due to the weight of the MoBo, CPU, FAN and all the Cards when it is laying on it's side.

Check all Power Supply connections, Screws, Clips, CPU, CPU FAN, Expantion Cards. Everything that is attached to something. Also check the MEM Sticks, make sure they are seated properly.

After you try all of these suggestions, it might just work. If it doesn't-reinstal xp. If there are still problems after reinstalling, it is likley a piece of hardware is the culprit.

turned out to be a faulty mobo, swapped it for an asus no probs now!

sounds like u put it together badly tbh.

If it works on its side but not upright, then it sounds as if you had one of the mobo support pins touching the mobo. Probably shorted something out causing it to randomly reboot and die and stuff. If i'm right your lucky u got a new mobo and that they didn't slap u for causing the problem ;)

something to watch out for in the future

It wasnt the way I built it that caused the prob, I now this cause I must have rebuilt the thing about 10 times over from scratch tripple checking everything as I went along!!!

only problem I saw, and i didn't say anything at first, is that you tried to use an Abit motherboard..........

i wont ever buy another one as every one i ever used to build a computer for anyone, at this point, is dead. the motherboard being the problem. longest one only lasting 3½ years. thats why all i use is Intel. they may not have all the bells and whistles but you can beat them for stability - used some 50+ and never had one go bad...... gateway, micron, dell wouldn't use them if they were junk.......:cool:

Abit bad? I've built computers with Abit boards for years, no problems whatsoever.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back