New ATi Radeon XP Drivers - here

Z

zman

These are the latest Developer Drivers dated 12/19/2001 and they come in almost all flavours (apart from NT4 ones).

Download the XP version from the link below.

Download 8.69 MB

Beware of beta sources that aren't posted on your manufacturers website. The best rule of thumb is this: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Again, these are "Leaked" drivers and you have no way of knowing what has been introduced into them so if you decide to try them then at least run a virus scan on them before you install it.

Personally, I'll only use stuff like this if I'm having a problem my hardware manufacturer's site hasn't provided a solution for.

I always try new drivers, beta or not:D Then again, I'm not worried about crashes and etc. sice I have a backup disc and add a system restore point before installing drivers. Perhaps it's because I'm a tweaker, and is curious if new drivers gives me better performance!
Also when concerning the Radeon card, all new drivers have to better than those they provide now :p The card lacks some good drivers that gets better quality (blending, smoothing and such) on graphics in games!

ugh, I hate ATI...they haven't released a new driver since October 2001, and those didn't even work for me, so I have to use the default XP drivers, which does not give OpenGL support!! AH!!!

Existenz, I could not get the ATI XP drivers for my All-in-Wonder Radeon to install either. I sent an e-mail to ATI and even tho it took them over 2 weeks to respond they did provide some detailed instructions that did work. I think it was mainly installing the latest Via AGP driver properly that fixed my problem. Now I just have to figure out why the DVD 5.0 will not work:)

If you are interested in what ATI said to do just give me your e-mail address and I will forward it to you.

I e-mailed it to you last night, let me know if you didn't get it.

Cool. Thanks a lot!

Those didn't work though :(

appreciate it though :)

Did you check to make sure that all your BIOS settings matched the ones that they had listed? Even if you dont think some of them look right it doesn't hurt to try them. I also installed the latest AGP drivers from Via before installing the ATI drivers.

Yeah, I did everything in there. Oh well, I'll keep my default Radeon drivers. They work fine...just can't play OpenGL games like Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

:mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back