New Asus MB

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by failurbydesign, Mar 13, 2009.

1. failurbydesign

failurbydesign music MUSIC music Political User

I scored an Asus P5QC mobo on ebay for $46 bucks with shipping, its more than what i need, and seems to perform well, i never got into OC my cpu but i think i may!

Any thoughts?

2. CipheR

CipheR OSNN Junior Addict

Personally, I'd give it at least a couple weeks before going for the "big OC" as Asus has been having increasing quality issues, and for proper burn in.

Just RMA'd my newest Asus board (M3N78-PRO) a few weeks ago (actually expecting it back today) which lasted 31 days before a total failure.

As always your mileage may vary...

3. failurbydesign

failurbydesign music MUSIC music Political User

I wont jump in to OC'ing, but maybe soon, this board is bad ass, way better than my old pos board

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

CipheR: so, your motherboard lasted just about as long as my one Seagate series 11 hard drive did.... long before there was even any mention of a firmware update to fix the entire series of drives from sudden and un-avoidable death. lol

5. CipheR

CipheR OSNN Junior Addict

Sounds like it, yeah just got the call from my house to let me know my board is finally here. Fed Ex delivered it just 6 days after Asus said they mailed it from about 200 miles (1 state) away.

Asus definitely isn't winning any awards with me this past year, and I'll bet when I open it there (as usual) will be no explanation of what was wrong with the board.... Customer service just isn't what it used to be...

CipheR