New Ad Aware

with this new adware, you will also need a new refupdate program...the program that updates adware files...the old program is not compatible with the new one...a complete uninstall and reinstall is neccessary

ad-aware

It's great. I run it weekly at least and after the first time i have come up clean. I also install it on any machine i work on i have found over 400 on one computer. and i see an avarage of 100. very usefull program.

I agree. First time I ran it I had over 300 hits. And I never suspected a thing. :mad:

u guys must install alot proggys to get that much spy crap on ya systems i use ad-aware + 5.81 n ref updater 2.0 n all i find when i ran it the first time was the spy thing thats installed when u install xp :D im always coming up clean n i have a fair few progs installed to take alook ;)

I just got Norton Personal Firewall 2002, which helps even more now :D

Tell me about it, I was hit last night 3 times by backdoor trojan, NPF2002 blocked them all. :D

Christ knows how many times that happened without warning before I got NPF2002!! could explain stability problems I seemed to get after afew days of a fresh install!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by TR!GG3R
u guys must install alot proggys to get that much spy crap on ya systems i use ad-aware + 5.81 n ref updater 2.0 n all i find when i ran it the first time was the spy thing thats installed when u install xp :D im always coming up clean n i have a fair few progs installed to take alook ;)

Must have a small hard drive;) J/K

I like ad-aware as it removes the few things I don't catch, the most i've ever had it list was about 8-10...what I am kind of worried about is it lists my clock program (ghrone) as spyware...now I know the clock isn't accessing the net at all..so what could adaware possibly see as spyware in it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back