New 2 Broadband

W

WiredBrain

I'm on a 60-hour-per-month broadband. I understand that broadband means always-on connection.

1. Is there a software that can track my online-time?
2. How does the ISP record the time I used? Is it the time used to download the webpage or plus the time I used to view the webpage eg. as long as browser is open?

1. Is there a software that can track my online-time?
Yes, chaos945 answered that one ... nice site btw :)

2. How does the ISP record the time I used? Is it the time used to download the webpage or plus the time I used to view the webpage eg. as long as browser is open?
It's the time you are connected. You don't even need to be doing anything with the connection.

That does suck..60 hours is nothing....2 hours a day.
Maybe you should look into a different ISP.

i dont know the internet stuff over in malaysia, but i know its got a big problem with piracy and stuff maybe that could be the cause of your limit... and also look into another isp cuz that time limit is just geh... if all the isps available to you do the same thing then your a bit buggered

Thank you for the site. Actually, there's an unlimited package for about USD 7 more but I'm not a heavy internet user. BTW, I'm still not very clear about Question 2.

to answer question 2 the isps computers log you time as soon as youve registered with th domain server

yikes, i could burn up 60 hours in about 5 days of use!

i gotsta keep my road runner. beep beep!

3.4mbps d/l - 380kbps u/l @ $49.95/month w/ unlimited usuage.

/me kisses cable modem :happy:

The broadband was introduced here about 18 months ago. So, it's still new and the d/l speed is only 384 kbps and 128 kbps for u/l. Hope it'll improve soon. Thank you for all the replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back