Neverwinter Nights, Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Aspenglade, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Aspenglade

Aspenglade Guest

Just wanting to know what people think about Neverwinter Nights now that it has been out for a while. Is it worth the pricetag? Is there anything else that beats the game or mods for it that aren't just the typical big bloody monsters and even bigger weapons?

Post your info with fav mods and such too, would be great to know what all is out there :)

2. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

rpg games suck big time

3. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Gotta agree with Octopus

4. Aspenglade

Aspenglade Guest

Alright, now how about replies from people who actually like RPG's?

5. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

lol well I liked it... its not bad...

I don't play rpg's too much because once you know a strategy it normally makes it too easy to win :)

however never winter nights plays well... I enjoyed it...

6. Jestermask

Jestermask WinTMBG Professional

Excellent.

Naysayers. :p

NWN is a great game. It follows very true to new 3rd Edition D&D rules. I haven't tested out making my own campaign yet, but that's because I've been so engrossed in playing the game itself. :) It's wonderfully adaptive gives you plenty of options as to how you want your character to turn out.

Nothing like completing a quest and becoming the actual owner of an inn, then coming in a couple days later and murdering everyone in it. Muahaha. ;)

Get it, it's a great game.

~JM

7. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

Neverwinter Nights has been fairly shadowed and hasn't really kicked off as well as expected, what is superb about this game is that true D&D atmosphere,

Now this is a very, very advanced game with diverse worlds,

You may create your own modules, host a server with those modules, when they connect you are hosting your own module (if you wish) they simply play, you can set up dynamic quests, place dragons and zombies most stuff.

It is a true classic in my views :)

SkaZZy:D

8. Aspenglade

Aspenglade Guest

Just bought it on Saturday.....awesome stuff....truly awesome stuff.

9. koko

koko Got Root?

i enthusiastically say, 'buy it'! you won't be disappointed. this is by far one of the best rpgs ever released.

it has tremendous replayability + the included toolset is awesome.

10. Aspenglade

Aspenglade Guest

Gotta say that I agree koko....got it on Saturday and my sorc is already level 12 and kickin some series @ss.....just got into Luskan and am looking around....one thing I am not too impressed with is the way the weapons/eq in chap 2 are all cool then luskan's stuff sucks horribly.