Neverwinter Nights 2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Mainframeguy, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

I have reason to believe there is at least one addict to this game on the forums....

just bought it myself and thought I would ask a couple of things...

any particular hints for a n00b on the gameplay etc.?

is it worth using that IM thinger I was prompted to install with it?

oh yeah and what's the deal with online gameplay and charges? There's some caution on the packaging I think....

Post back anyone that played it comments both good and bad....

2. Psyborg

Psyborg google addict Political User

here is a pretty comprehensive review, walkthroughs, cheats, etc.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/neverwinternights2/index.html

reading through it shows that online gameplay is free so i'd say the charges warning you might have seen on the box might relate to the cost of your connection rather than the online gameplay itself, ie- whether you're paying for broadband or dial-up...

hope this helps?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  3. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

I was obsessed with it for a while, its a really fun game. I was a huge fan of the first one, and NWN 2 is a pretty good upgrade.

I haven't been playing it as much since I got my 8800 GTS, I got sucked back into oblivion. Something about playing at max settings with 16x AF and 8xAA is just so captivating :)

4. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

I never botherd with crossfire.

NWN2 is not a charged online game. Indiviudal persistant world operators may charge but on the whole its free to play.

You will need to tinker alot woth your gfx detail settings both ingame and in the drivers.

5. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Hardcore NWN players here we have every single game released in this series and NWN2 looks great , free online game play and as all in this series just plain solid.

6. vertigo

vertigo OSNN Senior Addict

same here, but i have a 7900GTX. incase you already haven't, take a look at the natural environments and landscape LOD texture replacement mods. can't believe how ugly the game was without those ;)

btmod is also a must have

edit - what can be done http://au.gamespot.com/features/6148788/index.html?sid=6148788

7. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

Yeah, I have all those. I run with Qarl's texture mod + Parallax pack, 4096 LOD's, OOO + MMM and a ton of other misc mods, including btmod & natural environments.