Networking XP Pro with NT 4.0 Workstations??

P

pmccon

Our office has a small network with a Compex Microhub/8 TP1008C and four NT 4.0 Workstations (No Server). I recently purchased a new machine which has XP Pro on it and gave it the same workgroup name as the NT 4.0 computers and connected it to the hub. The NT 4.0 computers can't see the XP computer and XP can't see the NT 4.0 computers. The NT 4.0 computers all have TCP/IP and Netbeui installed. The company I bought the PC from says it may be the hub and recommended I contact them. Can anyone recommend a solution to this problem?

Hey, i just replied to the same post at NTCompatible......

Anyway, to reply here, enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on the NT4 machines. XP does not support NetBEUI anymore. Although it can be installed, but using TCP/IP for NetBIOS is recomended.

JJB6486

Did you try pinging the XP box? How about pinging from the XP box?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back