NEtwork XP(NTFS) & Win982nd Edition

oh God this is hell LOL!!!!

ok from 98 i can see xp machine but cant acess it. from xp machine i can only see my XP machine the 98 is nowhere to be found........

it really pisses people off when you wait 3 minutes before topping something. if you really want the help that soon, call tech support. otherwise, shut it.

Brad

here we go:

if it really piss you off doesnt read my post just plain and simple. when u are having problems with something u document everything you do (at least thats what i do) so you never lost track of what you are doing in this case of what i'm doing. if i have a tech support to call u bet i will, but i dont have. god what a jerk. i post here cause i like it it has great forums and people that like to help, i can see that you dont so dont bother typing your words in my forum makes me loose my time but u already knew that

I don't think the windows 98se machine will be able to read the NTFS drive. Their isn't support for NTFS under win 98 without extra software.

i read that via network it was possible, the thing is that i can get access cause it says that my password isnt correct, and i'm pretty sure that it is

Be nice xxbigeyedfishxx.

Dadlen: NTFS has nothing to do with it. When it comes to networks the internal file systems make no difference.
Example: My Linux machine shares folders to my Windows machine. The Linux has EXT3 as file system. No Windows ever heard of EXT3.

Zedric - I didn't say that was the cause... I was just saying it could be a future problem depending what he wants to do.

thanks u guys.......i just want to be able to share photos, documents, maybe mp3's be able to send and receive video etc

no clue so far, been trying a lot of stuff no luck......

ok finally i gain access to from win98 to XP. Now the only thing i havent been able to do is gain acces to win98 from XP. Any ideas why not???

ps.
u guys has been very helpful and i really appreciatte it that a lot thanks

ps sorry for my english!!!

ok i almost have it!!!!

now i can see both machines doesnt matter where i am. i can access xp from 98 and viceversa, but.....from xp i can enter to 98 but dont see anything inside 98. i went to 98 and decide to share drive F but then it says:

you cannot view the list of users at this time. please try again later.

no matter what folder i try to share it gaves me the same response... again any ideas???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back