network solution

M

maxrebo1974

Hello,
This is not an XP issue, but you guys have been a lot of help before, so here it goes.
A small company I am doing some consulting work for has an NT 4.0 workstation that is connected to some Win 95 workstations. An OLD application they are running has to have a set IP address on all workstations. The problem is, they are wanting me to set them up with DSL internet access. So i cannot use DHCP on the NT workstation(it is the only one that need internet access). The reason for the access is so I can remote access with PCAnywhere. My solution is to install another NIC in the NT station and have the internet feed off of this. Any problems with this? The company is on a very tight budget and does not want to spend any more money on hardware than needed. Solutions?

Sounds like you got it taken care of alreayd bro, just purchase another NIC. However, amazon.com has linksys 4 port routers for $49.99 after a $10 mail in rebate. Otherwise another NIC sounds like the cheapest & best solution.

You can set everything up just as you would with DHCP, just use static IP:s instead. A little more configuration work, but not much. Don't forget to set Default Gateway!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back