network problem....3comps cant...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by fantasi, Feb 18, 2004.

1. fantasi

fantasi My Yngy is My HoneY! Folding Team

hi,
    i have 3 computers in my home network all runing windows xp, and connected tru a switch, the problem is, i have shared a folder in one of the comps already, the other computer used to be able to look and get the files in the other computer. But now, i can see that folder is been shared e.g. (my shared folders), but when i click it, it freezes. I have pingged the other computer to see if its there, and it indeed is. I have no problem with comp1 to comp2, or comp 2, to comp1, its just when i access comp3, either comp that acess will freeze. My question is, do you guys know what could cause this, and is there a networking program that can detect or fixup the problem. e.g. for spyware u use adaware, for virus u use norton, for networking?

regards,

2. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

okie let me get this right:

comp 1 -> comp 2 = ok
    comp 2 -> comp 1 = ok
    comp 1 -> comp 3 = bad
    comp 2 -> comp 3 = bad
    comp 3 -> comp 1 = ?
    comp 3 -> comp 2 = ?

how are you connecting to the computer? my friend had a problem like that and just did it with IE, put in the ip of the box and the directory ( 192.168.1.8/$shared for example ) and it joined no problem.

3. fantasi

emm how do you do that ip/$shared thing? gimme example pls. im kinda slow wif networking stuff =(....

4. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

in the broswer of IE i just type in the computer you are trying to cnnect to's IP and the folder you are trying to find
    for example 192.168.1.1/temp if you had a folder called temp and it was shared on the computer with that ip. you might be able to do it in explorer too but have not tried that. Also check your firewalls on the other box maybe it is blocking incoming transfers. But if the folder you are trying to find is shared it should work in IE no problem

5. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

do you have a firewall on the 3rd PC?

6. fantasi

no, i have checked that microsoft firewall isnt on. And no 3rd party firewall is on either....wierd...=(

7. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Run network setup on 3rd machine?