Network Places

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by renakuajo, Sep 23, 2003.

1. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

hi......well the thing is, i cant acces my network places.......

Win XP-PRO
    Vigor2600WE DSL Modem/Router
    PPPoA ADSL
    3 network pc's

ok in my pc i cant acces my network places, but can do a search for computers
    find all map the drives and everything is cool, but i cant get thru my network places......the others 2 pc's have no problem getting in it........all machines has xp....1 home, 2 pro.........all machine are updated, no software firewall, just the hardware firewall from the modem/router

any ideas???

2. arson_nick

arson_nick OSNN Addict

Depends what you mean by "my network places". The directory itself only shows computers on the network that you have browsed to and opened files on. Otherwise you have to go through My network places > entire network > microsoft windows network > and then through the domain that your computers are on. You can also access a computer by \\name in My Computer

3. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

ok thats the thing.........i go through my network places thats where i cant get in.....if i right click on it i can do a search for computers but just that

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

so you open My Network Places and nothing shows up? does it hang there? where exactly does your trip end?

5. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Moved at Enyo's request

6. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

it didnt open, it just hang in there waitint to open till it says it cant access.......funny thing is that after it hangs if i try to open it again, it opens just fine......but if i try to open thw workgroup it crash........but as i said i can do a search for computers and everythin works fine

7. arson_nick

arson_nick OSNN Addict

Try using the folder view in My Computer.

8. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

:confused:

?????