Network nightmare

ep0niks

OSNN Junior Addict
I've been tweaking things for hours now..

I'm trying to route my ppp0 to my eth0 from my server (Mandrakelinux 10.1 Official) to my station (Windows XP Pro SP2)

Here's the config : a ppp0 interface, a eth0 plugged into a simple D-Link hub
IP's are configured manually : 192.168.0.1 (server) 192.168.0.2 (station) with same subnet 255.255.255.0

The weird thing is that i cannot even browse frome the Linux box, LAN is working fine tho'

So now the config files in .txt for Attachments requirements.. this is beyond my networking knowledge

Attachments

• config.txt
    25.4 KB · Views: 229
  • ifcfg-eth0.txt
    154 bytes · Views: 108
  • network.txt
    102 bytes · Views: 104
  • resolv.txt
    94 bytes · Views: 117
  • masq.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 116
Network

Last time I did this with Mandrake it had an option under the control center for ICS ( Internet Connection Sharing ) which properly set everything up so that it worked. Before you spend the next month doing it manualy, why not check the control center first...

CipheR

I did check, i don't like the way it works with dhcpd and squid and stuff. It used to work fine with past version of Mandrake (10.0 RC, 10.0 Official, 10.1 RC) but the ICS is just ****ed up since the 10.1 Official upgrade, that's why I wanted to do it manually.

Now let's sleep

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back