Network issue

O

onimkron

Straight to the point; I've got ICS running, using this comp as the 'server' and another computer as the 'workstation.'

Internet works fine on both computers, but for some odd reason they can't seem to see each other in My Network Places.

Both computers have been set under the MSHOME workgroup. The odd thing is, it used to work fine, but for the love of me i'm not sure what I did to turn it upside down.

Both comps are using Windows XP Pro. If there's any other information I can give out that will be any of use, i'd be glad to do so. Really want to get this file-sharing thing working :)

Thanks again,

EDIT: Just forgot, both comps can PING each other fine

Disable Simple File Sharing under the folder options control panel and assign user based permissions.

JJB

I've disabled Simplified File Sharing. I tried sharing a normal folder, and if you mean assigning a group and/or username, I tried that as well, but still no go. If it helps, in the 'from this location' part, i'm unable to select the other computer (doesn't show up)

Thanks,

Since ICS works it is not a connection problem, do you have passwords on the accounts, what happens if you type in the UNc path of the other computer (\\Computername\Sharename).

Yes, theres password on both accounts.

I'm not too sure about the UNC-path thing. Could you explain that in abit more detail?

Thanks for your help, really appreicate this :)

in RUN or an explorer addressbar type in the name of the PC you are trying to connect to\the name of the share \\computername\share

I get a "No Network Provider Accepted the Given Path" error message from both computers i'm afraid.

OK, I'm gonna take a step back here, what IP addresses are these computers using, have you given the PC's unique names?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back