Network HELP!!!

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
I just got an 802.11b wireless base station (linksys) and every so often my laptop will loose connection with it. whats the deal? however the computers that are connected to the router by 10/100 stay online.

Not sure if it helps mate, but my friend was having the same problem.. turned out it was something with the battery.. he bought a new one, never happened again.

I dont recall the exact site(s) that i found this on. Someone else asked about this when i found them, but its more like a dish/antenae that strenthens the signal that is hooked up to the wireless gateway/router/ect . The reason why it cuts out is not a batter, lol, but is the cause of not a strong signal, placement of the hardware, walls in the building, other electronic inteferance, faulty nic in the pc. So you would have to troubleshoot these, but after finding out the nic is ok, you may want to try placing the signal in a more open area, away from other electronics, flourescent lights, ect. If thats not the problem, then you will need to buy a stronger wireless antenae

also include mobile phones into that scenario for losing connection... the signal sent to and fro between the phone and the provider can cause some connections to drop. BT Cellnet/Genie (now o2) is a nightmare connection to have... its ALWAYS sending stuff to and fro... put it near a speaker in your house and listen to it make stupid noises lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back