network drivers

I had to delete, because it applied only to US customers. ...... I didn't realize he was UK

edit:

for those not understanding what happened, I found that dv9000 models have bad motherboards, so HP will replace for free, but the offer is valid only in the USA

Last edited:
:) i always use different versions of intel chipset and network card on my laptop, hp ones are always so old

Nice find tdinc :)

I had to delete, because it applied only to US customers. ...... I didn't realize he was UK

edit:

for those not understanding what happened, I found that dv9000 models have bad motherboards, so HP will replace for free, but the offer is valid only in the USA

I undeleted your post tdinc so the thread makes sense. It's ether undelete your post or delete all the other posts that reference it :)

In any case, I chose to leave your original post since it may be a good reference for someone in the US that wanders over to the site.

also they might do that in the UK - would be an idea to contact HP UK :)

Carnt thank you all enough problem solved with tdinc link, spot on i do love this site it has saved me a fortune not having to take it into the comp shop thanks again all keep up the good work

I was thinking chipset too and was surprised that wasn't on their download page either.

Nice work tdinc.

alls fine except windows update fails once it has download the update

you mean it wont install an update for windows update or it wont install an update for xp/vista ?

if i go to the top of the start menu and click on windows update i then select the updates it downloads them but then fails to install all of them

clear the c:\temp folder and clean out the temp folder in c:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Temp, also clean out c:\Program Files\WindowsUpdate - those folders are hidden so you will have to either un hide them or type in the folder name by hand.

Then try windows update again

prob hidden - you will have to unhide it

control panel -> folder options -> view -> Hidden files and folders -> tick show hidden files and folders

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back