Network Directory Share

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political Access
At work I have got a directory with some excel files that I would like to be able to share with some work collegues.

Problem is that I can't seem to be able to as there is no sharing tab. There is a security tab though. Is there any way that I can share a directory without using that tab.

I did try to disable simple file sharing without much luck.

It may be that file and printer and sharing is not installed :)

You can check if it is on the properties windows of the network connection.

If it isn't I won't be able to anything about it though will I. Me not an admin at work.

Originally posted by rushm001
If it isn't I won't be able to anything about it though will I. Me not an admin at work.

Time to chat with your admin and get them to sort it out then :)

Just another thought. We have got a number of shares on the servers. Would it be possible to put a directory on that and restrict who can read it. I don't want any tom dick or harry looking at them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back