Network Card

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by djjon5, Dec 6, 2002.

1. djjon5

djjon5 Guest

Please Help.....

I have a Laptop that i am trying to get on my local network and It says the network cable is unplugged but it is not unplugged......what should i do?

Thank You very much..

2. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

what network chip your mobo-have ?

3. djjon5

djjon5 Guest

Im not shure of the chip but the card is a "realtek rtl8139 family pci fast ethernet nic"

4. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

make sure that you are not using a cross over cable if you are connecting to a router or a hub/switch and check to make sure that the drivers are installed properly and make sure that the settings are correct

5. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

ok .. I'm sure that you've tried to reinstall the connection but protocols are ok ? ( 192.168.xx.xx ) 192.168.6.x for example must be the same

6. djjon5

djjon5 Guest

I Tryed useing a diffrent cable....it still didnt work.....

7. Kush

Kush High On Life!

the same happesn with me!

the same happens with my dads laptop its a compaq evo n600 well its the network card i think its bad u have to wiggle the cable around well like and hold it to the right or left side and then it might start working, its messed up look if the leds are on. if they arent and it says cable is unplugged then thats what is going wrong but if the leds are on then thats a different story.

8. djjon5

djjon5 Guest

So is there any way it can be fixed?

9. Kush

Kush High On Life!

send the laptop back for a fix?

well u could send the laptop back to get fixed or get a pci network card. or usb whatever u want