Network cable unplugged/Unknown Internet Connection Sharing = LAN instability

AllWeatherGal

Not Just for Fair Weather
Political Access
Network cable unplugged ; Nevermind I fixed it!

Yay me :)

Installed updated driver for device and voila ... all the badness I had created was wiped away.

Drivers: needed for personality problems, too.

:)

So, here's the story ... Trying to burn a DVD directly from Adobe Premiere, I kept seeing "device not ready". I searched and found "Things & Software to avoid when authoring DVD" BJMoose - 06:21am Jul 2, 2004 Pacific [from a post by Neil Wilkes - last edited July 27, 2004].

I followed those instructions but still wasn't able to change the DVD recognition.

I also followed instructions to "organize" my Programs menu generously provided in the Windows application section here.

And then my local area network connection stopped working. The icon message says A network cable is unplugged, but I know that's a not-very accurate message. I can't find any remedies. I walked around and checked all connections. As you know, that didn't work.

I "rolled back" (forgot the word) to the settings of the previous day to undo the changes I made, pushed and clicked a few things, rebooted a few times, and voila ... a second connection appeared and I was good to go. Mysterious. But working. Naturally being an amateur user I was satisfied.

But now it's happened again. I was using Yahoo Chat, had two Firefox browsers open ... including a youtube song by the Scorps (not that it matters), and suddenly it all went quiet.

I have tried to create a second local area network with the wizard and see that I'm using "Unknown Internet Connection Sharing". Or not. *sigh*

And I can burn a CD, but not a DVD. Grrr ... is it possible I did this all for naught since the DVD-ROM is only a reader not a player? Bah.

TIA for your assistance with the LAN issue.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back