Netscape 7

G

gmagnuson

I know this is soon for asking a question about software that came out yesterday, but if any of you have had the same problem, please let me know what you did to correct it.

Problem: I just downloaded netscape 7 yesterday and installed it, it self installed and would not reconise my old profile from 6.2. I tried to change it back to my old profile and it comes up with the following error: Netscape 7.0 cannot use the profile "_________" because the directory contaning the profile cannot be found. I have tried all sorts of things to try and trick the system to realise that that profile is still active.

Thank you for any help you can give.
Greg

i know how u can fix your problem. GET RID OF NETSCAPE AS FAST AS U CAN.

That would solve my problem, but I cannot convert my e-mails

Is the earlier version of Netscape properly installed? If not, the default locations are not registered in XP's registry and Netscape 7 can't find them (that's where it looks). If it is properly installed and working (the earlier version), then I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the new version AFTER reinstalling the old version first. I installed Netscape 7 and had no problem with it importing the old user on its own.

I finaly got it fixed, it took a while sorting out all the files and creating a new profile and copying all of the files into the right places, but it works now, Thanks.
Greg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back