NetRyder's Folding Gadget

Re: Netryder Folding Gadget

They are both folding away buddy :)

Just progress indicator is not reading properly for whatever reason.

Check screenshot.

Attachments

• folding.jpg
    folding.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 163

I see the problem. :)
The GPU client is logging in a slightly different format. I'll post an updated version of the gadget soon.

Cool beans :D

In the meantime, I am continuing to look for a solution to allow me to run Far Cry (patched to 1.4) on my system under vista lol.

Stupid updates that break everything. Blah.

Yay, it works.

:D

Now, did you already post it at the hobby lounge?

If not, I'll probably have to do it for you ;) which is the least I can do. This is an ace gadget bro :D

One suggestion. Perhaps go ahead and allow the user to input a title?

You can make the current numerical text smaller and go ahead and drop it down a little (reduce spacing between text and the bars perhaps?) and allow user inputted titles above each bar maybe?

Is this possible?

And yes, I am your guinea pig :cool: but I'm ok with that. I make matt squeal everynight as revenge :smoker:

-edit-

How often does it sample the .txt for updates?

I only ask because my gpu is crunching at the rate of about 6 - 10 minutes per iteration.

Attachments

• folding.jpg
    folding.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

Fyi, I posted the gadget over at nvnews' folding thread :cool:

Also asked mike to post on their front page.

Net, question.

Before I start spamming this all over the internet, where do you want it hosted and linked back to? OSNN or on Epiphany?

Let's figure this out before I go nuts with my posting all over the internet, because it is an awesome gadget :cool:

Yay, it works. :D
Great. Glad it's all sorted out. :)

Now, did you already post it at the hobby lounge?
If not, I'll probably have to do it for you ;) which is the least I can do. This is an ace gadget bro :D
I wanted to get some input here first before posting it elsewhere. For example, since I can't run the GPU client, I would have not caught the bug that you reported.

But I think it should be good to go now. Go ahead and submit it there. I'll join the their forum later tonight as well.

One suggestion. Perhaps go ahead and allow the user to input a title? [...] Is this possible?
Definitely possible. I'll be a little busy with an upcoming event during the next few days, but I'll look into this when I get some time.

How often does it sample the .txt for updates?
Every 15 minutes.

Fyi, I posted the gadget over at nvnews' folding thread :cool:

Also asked mike to post on their front page.
Cool. Thanks. :)

Net, question.

Before I start spamming this all over the internet, where do you want it hosted and linked back to? OSNN or on Epiphany?

Let's figure this out before I go nuts with my posting all over the internet, because it is an awesome gadget :cool:
Just like back to the Stuff page for now.
We need a better way to organize downloads here, which is one of those things we should look into as part of the changes we're going to work on soon.

Hi Guys,

Great job you did there ;)

Congratulations and welcome on The Hobby Lounge :)

Best Regards

SFkilla

Welcome Johan :)

---

Net, I subbed to some other forums I go to and the response has been good. I'll keep fiddling around and see if I can come up with any other ideas.

One of the Rage3d guys asked to see if he could put a custom logo, perhaps 32x32 size or so, for his team. Not sure how feasible that will be.

I'm putting up a test version of the gadget which includes a feature that Brad requested. In this version, the progress indicator should turn white when the F@h client isn't running (with a delay of upto ~5mins).

I've tried to make the code for this as generic as possible, so it should work with the CPU and GPU command-line clients, running either as services or in cmd windows.

Download link: http://kunal.kundaje.net/stuff/fahmonitor/fahmonitor_dc_beta.gadget

Let me know whether or not it's working for you. :)

Net, you wanna post this to the Gadget site?

:)

Cheers.

Yep feel free to post it on THL too ;)
Good work!

Regards
SFkilla

Yep feel free to post it on THL too ;)
Good work!

Regards
SFkilla

Checking with everyone about updating the front page. I will pm or email you soon :)

Net, you wanna post this to the Gadget site?

:)

Cheers.
This latest update has only been tested on my machine, so I want to make sure it's working for at least a couple of more people before I submit it to Microsoft's gadget gallery. In fact, I got an email from the Lead PM for Live Gallery about the gadget the other day, so I'll be submitting it as soon as you guys tell me its good to go. :)

I've also made some changes to the settings page that are not in the test version I posted above, but they'll be there when I put up the updated version too.

You did? They want it? :p

I guess Folding really is mainstream stuff atm thanks to those PS3s.

So, has anyone tried the test version yet? Is it correctly detecting the running/stopped states?

Net, I have a new motherboard and video card arriving this week. I am not running the gpu client at the moment because there are severe instability issues with this gecube card. It runs flawlessly in everything else but, there is a conflict with some automated processes (that I don't want to turn off).

If anyone else has, please post. I will personally check on this later this week when my folding rig will be back and folding (hopefully) with 1 cpu/1 gpu config as before :)

Net, I have a new motherboard and video card arriving this week. I am not running the gpu client at the moment because there are severe instability issues with this gecube card. It runs flawlessly in everything else but, there is a conflict with some automated processes (that I don't want to turn off).

If anyone else has, please post. I will personally check on this later this week when my folding rig will be back and folding (hopefully) with 1 cpu/1 gpu config as before :)

Hi guys,
Thanks for the great work so far :)
I would like to test this latest update but i need to know what version i need to use if i want to fold with my cpu ?
It would be great if you could post back the actual program i need for it + the latest update.

Please don't link me to the general download page where all version are avaliable since i can't find the right one to use ;)

Thank you in advance for informing me in this case :)

regards
SFkilla

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back