NetMeeting

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by GoNz0, May 12, 2002.

1. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

I know it's installed on XP, & i use it often, the thing i miss the most is being able to start it from a messenger window like i used to on 98se.
    I'm stuck with connecting by IP, a pain in the ass basically.
    The start camers doesn't work with most 98se users, Anyone got a link to a registry key or anything to make this work again ???

G.

2. nick1gbr

nick1gbr Guest

i use netmeeting, with messanger, if you have the latest mesager. you click have video conversation and netmeeting pops up.

you click call - new call - then on the address book in the bottom left corner, that brings up all of your msn contacts.

ps.make sure your logged into msn messanger.

--Nick--

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

No that dont work on mine.
    My friend is on win98se & formatted last week, after that she installed the latest messenger 4.6**
    I have version 4.6077
    I click for a voice chat and thats fine, but it wont start the camera, all i get is the other person doesnt have messenger version 4 or above. Then i have to ask them to start netmeeting as it doesent intergrate with XP. :(

4. nick1gbr

nick1gbr Guest

I don't know then, i speak to my friend who runs wIN98SE and uses netmeeting to talk to me using XP Pro...

all i can suggest is to upgrade the win 98se machine to xp or upgrade netmeeting

--Nick--

5. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Yeah, i have the same problem, except that my friend has Win2k on his mahcine. The voice chat works just fine, but the video doesnt. However, he has another machine with WinXP Home, and the video just works fine directly from windows messenger.

So far,I haven't found a way over this. I guess it's just a way for M$ to keep a monopoly on the market, buy making people buy XP just for video conversations.
    :mad: