NetBeui- Where to get it

Lactic,
It is slow without the network drives. When I did the dir cmd from dos it was almost exactly the same time it takes for My Computer to paint the drive listing. Like every time I do another My Computer or SaveAs it has to re do the entire drive contents, like a different user.
bill g

FIXED! (Well maybe)

Sorry for the shout in the title, but gee_mo_netti has this been a hassle since last Thurs when I got the computer.
I reinstalled XP. Right off it loaded My Comp instantly. It was already hitting the lan but I added some shares. No problem. BTW, it's a big lan, a univ, maybe 500 servers. We have 11. Anyhow, I'm moseying along installing stuff and get to my usb scanner. It was working on the last install but got hinky on this one. I decide I'll fix it tommorrow. Try to open My Computer..aacckk, the dreaded flashlight. I remove the scanner and the software. My Computer again is fine. So I'm guessing it was the scanner or some other usb thing, although none other than the scanner was installed in prev XP install.
Thanks for everyone's input,
bill g
...Now, if I can just figure out what's up with that stinkin scanner...Do usb's use IRQs :D

Re: FIXED! (Well maybe)

Originally posted by i_pedal
Do usb's use IRQs :D
Yes, normally one. But that's regardless if something is connected or not.

Ohhh Im a happy man!!! got my network sorted out!!
thanks for the netbeui tip

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back