Nero Setup Error

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Hello,

I recently downloaded the latest version of Nero onto my new Dell D600 laptop. The version of nero is 5.5.10.35 which I downloaded. I deleted the previous version of Nero before I ran the setup of this version. Anyways every single time I run the setup program, no matter what I do I always get this error message:
An error has occured during the copy process (file name: MSVCRT.dll).
Error: 2 P
lease reboot your computer and retry.

I tried many times to restart my computer but its always the same outcome. This might help or not, that the component that is being processed when the error occured is CoverDesignerCommonDlls

Can anyone suggest any ideas to fix this problem?

thanks,

lieb39

yep, 100%. or else setup would give me another error message.

I also got the latest build of Nero and that gave the same problem. So I went into safe mode and removed all the MSVCRT.dll files and tried again but no luck. Any advice?

-lieb39

from that site i linked to above...

Hey everybody:

I just solved it -- the problem was in the nerosetup file. When u double click it and it starts extracting itself IT DOES NOT extract all the files. That is Nero did a really lame self extracting archive. So when I right clicked the setup file and extracted it with WINRAR i got 2-3 more files which absence was the problem. So I successfully installed NEro , finally. Now some would say -- your file was corruted or whatever. Well, I d/l it several times , tried diff locations and mirror and I was getting the same error. So obviously is poor packaging by Nero.

Originally posted by lieb39
Crap! Now I'm getting a blue screen! Help!

When are you getting a blue screen? When you try and install or when you restart?... or just at random?

I did this: So I went into safe mode and removed all the MSVCRT.dll files

After I rebooted I got this message:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The windows logon process system terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000080 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

Now I can't get into Windows in anyway, normal or safe mode. I have no Windows XP cd with me and I don't have a floppy drive.

Now what?

-lieb39

Hmm... didn't need to remove all of the MSVCRT.dll files. There are many different versions of this file on a machine, and Nero installs its own. That's the one that can be deleted safely. I edited my post a couple of minutes after posting it, because I wasn't specific enough about that point. Besides that I had found that other infomation which is posted above. You need to do a repair of the XP installation to put those dll's back on your machine. After learning what the issue was, I can't believe that Nero hasn't redone the packaging to fix this issue.

Hmmm I manged to get into DOS but now I need a program to let me read NTFS partitions and let me write to them. I tried NTFS Pro but its money and you can't write to the partition. I need DOS line access. Any ideas?

-lieb39

lieb39, will you have an XP cd available to repair your installation? How else do you plan on getting the files?

No XP cd. I'm currently travelling and I don't have it with me. I'm trying to find a NTFS reader/writer for Dos. No luck so far.

-lieb39

Got a hold of a german xp cd, so installed that, copied one file from one location to another and it was fixed. than to fix the nero problem i extracted the files with winrar i believe and than ran the setup like that. done. problem over. :)

thanks for everyone's help.

lieb39

I'm sure that was frustrating. Glad you got it working. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back