Nero replacement:BurnAtOnce vs CDBurnerXPPro

Digimedia 800MB. It's theoretically possible to burn up to 900MB.
Also heard there are 900MB discs but very hard to get your hands on those. Could prolly overburn those over 1GB ( very cheap DVD-R alternative). :)

Yeah, not all (many?) writers support the 900mb discs too, which is why not a lot of companies produce them, hence they're hard to get hold of :)

Hmm...I've heard overburning can physically damage the CD-burner. Don't know how much truth is there in that statement. Someone care to explain why burning more data on a CD can damage the burner?
:confused:

I know it can damage the disc with errors but my burner still works fine. :)

That's what I figured as well. Never understood how the burner could physically get damaged.
Not going to try it until I'm absolutely sure though. Would cost quite a sum to replace a laptop CD-RW/DVD combo drive.
:p

I just want to say... I am using burnatonce now (thanks to this guide)... it has all the features of Nero, but the program itself is so much quicker and isnt a power-hog.

Nice one. ;)

I would imagine that's one of those rare incidents that affects crappy burners (like the lovely 8x I have in my AMD machine probably :p) but spread rather quick across the internet as something that affects all.

The only way I think that you could damage the burner would be if it tried to burn (physically) further than what it normally would, therefore damaging the laser/lens motor, but that's not how overburning works, as discs are all the same (physical) size :)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
I would imagine that's one of those rare incidents that affects crappy burners (like the lovely 8x I have in my AMD machine probably :p) but spread rather quick across the internet as something that affects all.

The only way I think that you could damage the burner would be if it tried to burn (physically) further than what it normally would, therefore damaging the laser/lens motor, but that's not how overburning works, as discs are all the same (physical) size :)

Been reading up on it. According to Ahead's site, the CD-RW/DVD combo that I have does support overburning, and from the several articles that I've read, there isn't much of a risk involved with modern burners. Might give it a shot sometime if I have a large file to burn.
:)

I'm now a burnatonce convert for normal burning of files and images. I will keep Nero 6 for other tasks though so I'm not going to get rid of it altogether. Other types of images I use Alchohol 120% or Blindwrite.

Sorry

I cannot get out of the habit of skimming through a subject.

I must learn a little patience - only in my case i may have left it too late!

Pfffff, patience! :p
Hope you try and like burnatonce anyway :)

hmm, might give this a go as soon as I format this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back