Nero - recognising drives

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by djchapple, Nov 25, 2002.

1. djchapple

djchapple OSNN Addict

Recently have had to reinstall/repair my XP pro twice after the system decided to go very slowly. 15 minutes to load and 5 minutes to load Word. Each time this happened soon after installing Real One but I cannot be sure that this is the cause of the fault.

After the first repair I had to install nero three times before it would recognise my Teac DW224E DVD/CDRW combo - a drive supported by nero.

The last time I have installed nero three times and it still will not recognise the drive.

I have visited the nero website and I have downloaded and installed:

1. the latest version of the software
    2. the latest nero driver
    3. the latest list of recognised drives.

I have used CD Speed and Drivespeed from the nero toolkit and tried Extras/Recognise drive but to no avail.

Can anyone help me? Nero cannot or will not.
  2. rettahc

rettahc Guest

3. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

Hey Dave,

I would first avoid all Real products, way to many hooks into your system.

Your Nero problems seem atypical. If you are confident enough do an uninstall, then go into the registry and delete any Nero references you find there. If you have a slightly older version of Nero try installing that one and see what happens. I don't think you have to worry about ASPI (Nero has it's own).
  4. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Red Sox Nation
    My $.02

If you need a real player, search the site, it's hard to find, but you can still download RealPlayer 8. It is much less invasive than Real One