Nero causing memory dump

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by RobbieSan, Oct 24, 2002.

1. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

I recently did a fresh install of XP along with SP1.. I loaded up Nero 5.5.7.2 and tried burning a cd and I got a blue screen (memory dump) half way through.. I removed it and tried 5.5.9.0 OEM and the same thing happened..

anyone know what may be causing this? I had IMAPI service disabled to begin with and later enabled/started it thinking maybe that was the problem.. after another unsuccessful burn I am here hoping someone can help me..

thanks

2. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

I get the same error if I let Norton Aniti Virus's auto protection enabled.

3. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

I usually keep it disabled until I want to scan a file/s or drives.. could having NAV running at all cause this?

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Turn off NAV completely then try to burn. You won't need anti virus if all files running are clean.

5. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

I'll give that a try.. I wonder if it's a problem with NAV 2003.. I don't remember running into this with the corp version..

6. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

upgrade nero to 5.9.14 and try again

7. jerry

jerry Guest

NAV 2003 isn't the problem, works ok with me

8. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Just wondering why nobody asked what the error message after the crash actually says. Don't know much about it but there could be different things causing this blue screen. Conflicts with other burning software, driver problems.... I certainly know that I never switch off or disable NAV when burning CDs and never had problems.

9. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

DITTO

10. brodie

brodie OSNN Addict

yep, same here NAV 2003 and Nero 5.5.9.14 with no problems.

I used to get "blue screen" caused by actiontek internal modem driver (ltmdmnt), check if modem is causing problem!
    got ADSL now and no drama's, and boy the speed is just huge!!!!!!!!

11. dick471

dick471 OSNN Junior Addict

XP Recording CD's

Microsoft states that to use any third-party burning software you must remove XP's internal recording software or conflicts may/will develope. In windows Explorer, right click your CD-RW, select properties, Recording Tab, and uncheck "Enable CD recording on this drive". Uninstall Nero---reboot--install Nero and should work just fine!

12. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

I'll give that a try.. thanks disk471..