Nero 7

Did you update to the latest version (7.0.1.4b)?

Yep, I downloaded it, it didn't work, Iuninstalled it in order to reinstall it again as I thought maybe my anti-virus or firewall or BugOff program may have interfered with the install, but still that same EXCEPTIONALLY ANNOYING error message, I'm getting really wound up with it now, I've been trying for 10 hours now! arghhhh!

Can anyone teach me how convert some of movie types (avi,wmv...) and burn to DVD to watch in normal DVD player

The updater works now. :)

I just updated from 7.0.5.4 to 7.0.8.2 and the total download size was only 17.92 MB.

Sweet deal. Thank you for the information.

There are so many h8ters out there for Nero 7, do you guys have issues running it?

I was thinking about switching to it from Roxio, since I need to have Nero installed anyways for DVD Shrink. Don't bother commenting on which is better, I have used and had good results with Roxio for years. Just wanted to give Nero a full-time shot, but I don't want to have to use version 6.x

The only real problem I have now that the update functionality is fixed is the fact that the installer says "Nero 7 Demo" (and so does Add/Remove Programs; which CAN be fixed). Call it minor but still.

The problem a lot of people have is that the suite is packed with utilities and features, what they don't realize is that you can choose not to install certain features (you can even disable Nero Scout all together now).

If you're not careful during the install you can change all your default associations to Nero, so be warned and be careful.

kcnychief said:
There are so many h8ters out there for Nero 7, do you guys have issues running it?

I was thinking about switching to it from Roxio, since I need to have Nero installed anyways for DVD Shrink. Don't bother commenting on which is better, I have used and had good results with Roxio for years. Just wanted to give Nero a full-time shot, but I don't want to have to use version 6.x

I wasn't too fond of it, I have that audio skiping problem. I just went back to Nero 6.

madmatt said:
The only real problem I have now that the update functionality is fixed is the fact that the installer says "Nero 7 Demo"

It's cuz it is a Demo until you enter your key. It's not really a problem.

That's not the case. I have a full version because I bought it. Since the update functionality has not worked up until this release the only way to update was to download the full trial version from Nero.

You're right though, it's minor. But I think you understand why it bugs me.

So if I do a custom install (which I always do anyways), and am selective, I shouldn't have issues?

What is this audio skipping stuff? I saw the thread, but the solution was just "go back to 6"

:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back