Nero 7 OEM (missing recode?)

mfarley

OSNN Senior Addict
Okay, I received a Nero7 CD packaged with some software I purchased a while back. So...it's Nero 7 OEM.

I was going to give Nero Recode a whirl to see how easy it would be to recode my screencasts (which are captured and rendered into AVI and then converted to .flv for web publish).

Much to my dismay (maybe I'm just slow) but I don't see any option anywhere for Recode. Could it be that the OEM doesn't come with it packaged? I did a google search and didn't really come up with an answer so was hoping someone here would know.
----------------------------

If it does not come with recode...

What's a good tool to transfer an avi to an mp4 (h.264)? I used Quicktime Pro but that has to be the slowest encoder in history.

Hi. Bad news about your Nero 7 OEM I'm afraid.

It is counterfeit.

There is no such thing as 'Nero 7 OEM' and there won't be. There will be a new OEM version of Nero based on V7, currently scheduled for early May 2006. There will probably be 3 versions along the lines of the current Nero OEM Suites 1, 2 and 3.

Nero's legal department have been busy today so you should see most of the offering's of counterfeit 'Nero 7 OEM' or CD only, (about 60 postings) disappear from UK E-bay overnight tonight. And the one on Amazon Shops UK.

If you want to get your supplier sorted by Nero, either send their details to me and I will pass them to their legal department or I can e-mail you with a contact name and e-mail address for Nero legal in Germany.

There's no Nero 7 OEM, what are you talking about??

hmmm

mfarley said:
Okay, I received a Nero7 CD packaged with some software I purchased a while back. So...it's Nero 7 OEM.

I was going to give Nero Recode a whirl to see how easy it would be to recode my screencasts (which are captured and rendered into AVI and then converted to .flv for web publish).

Much to my dismay (maybe I'm just slow) but I don't see any option anywhere for Recode. Could it be that the OEM doesn't come with it packaged? I did a google search and didn't really come up with an answer so was hoping someone here would know.
----------------------------

If it does not come with recode...

What's a good tool to transfer an avi to an mp4 (h.264)? I used Quicktime Pro but that has to be the slowest encoder in history.

Not sure about Nero atm, but for .AVI to .MP4 converters here is a good list:

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/free-avi-to-mp4.html

Chas said:
Hi. Bad news about your Nero 7 OEM I'm afraid.

It is counterfeit.

There is no such thing as 'Nero 7 OEM' and there won't be. There will be a new OEM version of Nero based on V7, currently scheduled for early May 2006. There will probably be 3 versions along the lines of the current Nero OEM Suites 1, 2 and 3.

Nero's legal department have been busy today so you should see most of the offering's of counterfeit 'Nero 7 OEM' or CD only, (about 60 postings) disappear from UK E-bay overnight tonight. And the one on Amazon Shops UK.

If you want to get your supplier sorted by Nero, either send their details to me and I will pass them to their legal department or I can e-mail you with a contact name and e-mail address for Nero legal in Germany.

Do you have a source for that information?

Just download the latest trial, I am sure the recode is in there?
The serial on your packaging should also still work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back