Nero 6

I have Nero 6 Ultra Edition but I still prefer Alcohol 120% for making and burning images and EZCD6 for everything else. Nero has always given me WAY more buffer underrun errors than Easy CD Creator (Versions 3, 5 and 6), I mean every second CD I burn with Nero gives me a buffer underrun. The label maker in Nero is and has always been terrible, and Nero's technical support is living hell. I'll stick with EZCD6 and Alcohol, thank you.

Are there any real general sage improvements or features with version 6?

Here are some things I don't like about 5.x versions.

Easy CD creator could arrange all files on the disk any way you want it. I could put the files I wanted in the begining, in the middle or at the end of the disk just like with audio CDs and therefore completely optimize file access speed. Nero 5 could only set the priority of high middle and low and high goes in the begining then middle and then low, which is far more limited then easy CD creator.

Also what anoys me the most is when I try making a series of disk backups. I create a cmpilation and add files, and burn. Then I change the name to something like Backup Disk2, quickly change the files and press burn aggain (on a new blank CD ofcourse). When I do it says that I need to insert the disk with the original compilation, so basicly I cannot burn it at all. I need to close the compilation and crealte another new one from scratch.
And what if I want to make multipple coppies of the same disk, once aggain I get the insert the original disk error. So I need to redo the entire compilation for every disk, (or copy the disk but that is a little longer).
And this also makes backing up the compilation useless as it also can burn only to the original compilation disk and that is uselless and Nero can automaticly dedect the existing compilation.

Have any of these features have been added or or fixed or will I have the same problems and with 5.x?

Thanks

Ultra edition is awesome - It makes EZPC Crasher look like trailer trash (no offense to the people who live in a trailer).

Nero and Alcohol is all you need - soon they will be adding Audio ripping, and file burning capabilities to alcohol, at that point you won't need anything else, for it will not only be the best burning app it will be the Ultimate burning app :)

Thanks but does it fix or add any of my problem areas. I think 5.x is good enough for me for now. I don't have a DVD burner and I don't plan on encoding mpeg-2 with is without DVD capability. But if it would be frendlier for me to use it then it may be worth it to buy it.

Thanks

I don't think the upgrade is really worth the money for you, unless you have lots of money. It is a bit friendlier but if you know and use Nero 5.x then you're fine without an upgrade.

I mean every second CD I burn with Nero gives me a buffer underrun.
Hey Modest,

What does that mean? Do you get coasters, or just a message that says you had some?

I get coasters. Tried burning at a slower speed and closing all proggys while I burn but still no luck.

modestcargo I would del nero then reinstall the ASPI driver...reboot....then reinstall nero and see what happens. Also by your specs I would make sure you close all your apps and try to burn a cd with only nero open.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back