Nero 6.3.1.6

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by BouncingSoul, May 4, 2004.

1. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

Ever since upgrading to this version of Nero the application has been slow to start, sometimes not starting at all. If I start the normal Nero it will display the splash screen and say "scanning scsi/ide bus please wait". Usually the application never starts and the splash screen just remains until I do the old 3 finger salute. If I start Nero in Nero Express mode it will eventually load ... but usually has a 30 second or so delay. In both cases I've noticed Nero launches at least one session of an app called "selfdel.exe". A quick google search for this file yeilds one result ... a page that I think is written in German. So I'm basically at a loss ... Anyone know whats up with this?

2. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

burnatonce...

In all seriousness, have you tried reinstalling, maybe using a regcleaner to clean out old entries after uninstalling and before reinstalling. Especially if you are using a *cough* not so legal key *cough*

3. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

yip .. try to completely remove it and then reinstall it.

burn@once is nice, Jamie made a very good program, I have not realy been into it though. I am thinking about trying it again though - But in any case it don't do have the things that nero does.

4. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Check for updates to Nero. I vaguely remember a slowness issue with one of the releases.

If that doesn't do it uninstall and reinstall all your CD/VDV drives. Mine got hosed when trying diferent cd/dvd software and reinstalling all straightened them out again.