Neowin + NTFS + EP v TheInquirer

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by TheBlueRaja, Feb 9, 2004.

1. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

Whoohooo!

Am I allowed to print this????

Check out this link first from Neowin if you don't know the background to the story.

Then check this out - hehe.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14044 (At the Bottom)

* NEOWIN
    Our crazy wibbler Paul Hales set off a war against neowin.net last Wednesday when I was looking at robots in Lille. I didn't see this article or get my phone messages from little Neowin until I got home late that evening. Halesie is quite right to hit out against web sites that print our stories in full and then give us the tiniest attribution at the bottom of the story in two point type. But I'd like to say here that Neowin has never done this, and in fact has been very supportive to the INQ since we first started nearly three years ago now. It's also given us some important leads on software stories which we've followed up and published. Halesie must have been suffering from the dog. I'd like to apologise to Neowin for the INQ causing them grief. I'm not going to slap down Halesie, because his heart's in the right place. He just went over the top all guns blazing that day - with Neowin suffering from the "friendly fire". Mike Magee.

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Wibbler. heh.

3. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Yeah, as far as I know the situation has been resolved. I only ever print the first two three paragraphs anyway (not speaking for the other news poster, but that is also what I would like them to do now)

Tho, to be honest, I don't post articles from the Inquirer ;)
    Tho I do check the register daily at work.

4. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

What he said ^^

I don't post from The Inq and only post 2 or 3 paragraphs from an article

5. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Good to see the issue has been resolved.

6. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

yeah they seem to have got their heads out there asses now :D

7. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Mikes a good guy after all.

8. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

I had never even heard of the inquirer, I take a look at the Register every now and then, but normally I cant be arsed looking for new anyways

9. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

I see Paul Hales was quoting from Neowin today on theInquirer here (no prizes for guessing for what story), and neglected to make the Neowin.net reference a link...

Now, isnt that a bit two faced concidering?

10. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Mentions Neowin twice in the article and doesn't directly quote any text.... :confused:

11. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

hrmm thats not good quoting

12. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Time to NOT use any of their stories anymore. Maybe then they'll feel neglected and whine about that instead.

13. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

Perhaps, if your being picky, quoting was the wrong word to use - referring too would have been a better choice of words perhaps.

Anyhoo, the point i was trying to make is that we always link theinquirer in at the bottom of a news story and they just mention the name without the link.

14. rotjong

rotjong Moderator

Your point was/is valid. The irony of hypocrisy in situations such as these tends to make me laugh. Sorry, it's just my sense of humour.

I'm glad to see people with more... restraint and professionalism than what Mr. Hales displayed from The Inq. Not only did he make himself look bad... he made The Inq look bad. Poor journalistic ethic and lack of professionalism which equals out to lack of integrity in my book. Apology or not from Mr. Magee [which I was pleased to see], the bell cannot be unrung.

/rotjong

15. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some