Need Web Design/Dev Software - Recommendations?

dreamweaver did not, i created an image with photoshop, then transfered into fireworks, which works with dreamweaver, but I'm sure there are css, and xtml tools that does it...I have do things the easiest way..lol

I currently use Notepad and Photoshop CS2. I wanted to make my life easier.

Those are the best! :)

But definately try Dreamweaver. It's a lot easier. Used it last year in my computer class.

While we are somewhat on topic - anyone have a compilation of good sites/resources/books for learning Dreamweaver?

I used FrontPage for years and have been making the transition, but would love some good resources :D

Am taking on a large project soon, since Frontpage is on the way out I figure I might as well start now

I also would flag up dreamweaver, as it was really userfriendly but also very feature rich when I used to be an assist web admin for the DWP.

Only problem is the price tag. I really wish that Macromedia would make a Lite version or something with a more affordable cost, like Photoshop / Photoshop Elements.

kcnychief if you know Frontpage then Dreamweaver should be fairly intuative, but there is stuff like Dreamweaver for dummies or other based books. I have one at home that is quite good, but I can't remember the name.

What I may end up doing is doing the project in FrontPage for now since I have a deadline, and merge in time over to Dreamweaver.

If you want excellent video tutorials, check out Total Training, they cost some money, but are well worth it.

I'll come back to read this thread properly....

But for my own part I have enjoyed using notepad and acrueing knowledge! I think I trialed phpedit or something - did not do a great deal for me though (then my code is very n00bish and non-standard so that would be a factor!)

I prefer a WYSIWYG editor myself, I like to see things in real time.

I don't know what to do. $399 is a lot for a software package (Yes, I can buy the upgrade because I have the version from 2002) when you don't know if it's going to do the trick (Yes, there is trialware).

Nobody has an idea on the blogging software? Maybe a plugin for Dreamweaver?

As for a Plug-in, Dreamweaver recommends “Radio UserLand” at $39.95 a year to use with there software for blogging.

I can’t tell you much about them, all I’ve done is read so I’ve never took the plunge….and tried them Just keep saying that I’m going to sometime! Dreamweaver staff clam they use Dreamweaver along with Radio UserLand to maintain there own blogs.

Because I don’t know much about either it would be best for you to read some of what I’ve been reading on this, links below.

Deramweaver Blog Article

Radio UserLand

Radio UserLand Buy

Maybe this will Help?

I use Photoshop, Flash, and Dreamweaver, although I find myself using the coding screen of Dreamweaver more often than the WYSIWYG screen.

Melon

Thanks for the idea bush dogg. Not what I want though for a few reasons. I'm not going to pay an annual fee when I have my own site. Thanks for trying though.

Okay, since Adobe has responded and has said nothing like I want really exists I have decided to create my own blog administration for updating the XML/RSS and front end for displaying it.

Does anyone know of a good tutorial that walks you through what is necessary for doing so?

Thank you.

Another option is to use a blogging platform. There are a number of free options. I've been using Blogger for about 4 years now - it allows you to publish to your own web-server and completely customize the look-and-feel of the blog. WordPress is another popular option that's self-contained, and also very customizable.

I decided to do it on my own without the aide of anything like that. A tutorial I found coupled with my book on XML I was able to create a MySQL to XML coverter. This will create my RSS feed. The rest is cake.

Thank you everyone.

Now all you need to do is update :lick:

*runs*

Are you going to still block commenting?

I haven't tried or heard much about it that is official yet, but it is supposed to be a solid product from what I have read about it.

For what it's worth (I typed that out because I know how you dislike "fwiw"), I wouldn't put too much stock in a Beta program as your developer tool of choice for now. It's just in the first CTP, so it will be awhile before it goes RTM. Your call, but I'd say something like Studio is much safer since it's been out for awhile and has TONS of resources out there for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back