Need to clone HD

M

Mr Dead

Im upgrading my mobo to one that includes a raid controller. So I plan to use my existing h/d (60 gig 5400) as the boot hd then clone it to the raid setup (2 60 gig 7200) then use that as the boot hd. So can anyone recommend an application that will make things simple? has anyone tried drive copy by powerquest?

I use Norton Ghost for backing up my HDD and it works great. However going with a new mobo you might want to consider a fresh install. In the long run it will probably save you time.

Hi Mr Dead, if you arte fitting a new hard drive it will normally come with software that makes the transfer of date from the old hard drive to the new one easy. Just a case of setting one as slave and one as master. I have tried Drive Image once, but it gave me an error message, and wiped my drive clean, leaving me with a message at startup saying 'You have no operating system' Fortunately I had also made a Ghost image using Norton Ghost 2002, and that let me restore my drive fine. Ever since I have only used Ghost, but to be fair I have heard good things about Drive Image.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back