need recommendation for a good printer

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Heeter, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Hi all,

I presently have an all-in-one USB that does the job of printing, but it sucks at photo quality printing on photo paper.

I would like to purchase a dedicated photo printer (just loaded with photo paper and only used for that).

Maybe something with network card, as all my workstations and print server can access it through CUPS. If it is USB, then I will just share it off one of the workstations, if need be.

If it is part of the HP lineup, even better.

Thanks

Heeter

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

honestly..... i'd have to recommend a Canon photo printer. Purchased a Canon PIXMA iP3500 for my cousin and his girlfriend for their digital camera... prints excellent pictures. they discontinued that one, but pretty much any of their Pixma lineup would probably print excellent pics. i, personally, have a Pixma MP500 multifunction and it also has excellent photo quality.

3. falconguard

falconguard Carbon based lifeform Political User Folding Team

stay away from lexmark, they don't release drivers for Linux, so I've had to jump through some major runarounds, just to get a print job through CUPS.

4. coneman

coneman OSNN One Post Wonder

like he said

always had canon printers

5. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

on the lower price end, I'd go with the Canon Pixma's.. on the upper end of the price range, I'd recommend the higher end Epsons which are really nice and my second choice would still probably be the Pixma on the high end.

6. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Thanks for your recommendations, guys

Looks like it will be a Pixma printer.

Heeter

7. thompsonjemss

thompsonjemss OSNN One Post Wonder

hello Dear
    HP printer Photo print quality are excellent, i have use that, suggest you must purchage for better quality photos