need recommendation for a good printer

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi all,

I presently have an all-in-one USB that does the job of printing, but it sucks at photo quality printing on photo paper.

I would like to purchase a dedicated photo printer (just loaded with photo paper and only used for that).

Maybe something with network card, as all my workstations and print server can access it through CUPS. If it is USB, then I will just share it off one of the workstations, if need be.

If it is part of the HP lineup, even better.

Thanks

Heeter

honestly..... i'd have to recommend a Canon photo printer. Purchased a Canon PIXMA iP3500 for my cousin and his girlfriend for their digital camera... prints excellent pictures. they discontinued that one, but pretty much any of their Pixma lineup would probably print excellent pics. i, personally, have a Pixma MP500 multifunction and it also has excellent photo quality.

stay away from lexmark, they don't release drivers for Linux, so I've had to jump through some major runarounds, just to get a print job through CUPS.

on the lower price end, I'd go with the Canon Pixma's.. on the upper end of the price range, I'd recommend the higher end Epsons which are really nice and my second choice would still probably be the Pixma on the high end.

Thanks for your recommendations, guys

Looks like it will be a Pixma printer.

Heeter

hello Dear
HP printer Photo print quality are excellent, i have use that, suggest you must purchage for better quality photos

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back