Need help

M

minmiester

Hey all

Not sure if this is the right topic heading for this, but I need some major help.

Recently, my XP Pro corrupted, and I had to reinstall the whole system (it wouldn't repair either). On the old setup, my user account was password protected. As I purposely did not reformat my HDD before reinstallation (because I needed to reach these files), those files are still there in the documents and settings folder, but I cannot access them. Can anybody help me get access to such a folder?

Thanks

Min

Moved to applications: Iceman

cool.gif

by not being able to access them what do you mean? and what kind of files you want from there btw?

Welcome to XP-erience.org!

I don't really know if this will work, but I'd try to log in as "Administrator" and see if this account can access the files or change the permissions of the folder.

Since you made a new install, and you did not delete your old windows directory, which should have all your old files; I would log on as Admin and do the following:

Go to My computer, the drive that you put windows on that had your files; open it, and search through the folders.

What could make this a little easier; go to File Search, make sure it's on search all, and enter a name of an old fine that you " lost ".
If it finds it, it will show the directory it's in. Viola! You found a lost subfolder. After that everything should be easier.

Hi all

I've tried all the suggestions already mentioned, and I still cannot access the files. I know where they are, I can "see" the folder, but if i try to open it, move it, cut it, copy it, anything it, it says "access denied".

The files I need are uni assignments and stuff, my end of year exams are 2 weeks away, so I'm getting desperate and stressed out about it.

If anybody has any other suggestions _PLEASE_ reply to this thread or contact me by email, I _really_ need to get into that folder.

MinMiester

Did you Log on as Administrator, "Right Click" the Folder and go into the "Properties" --> "Security" and change the "Permissions"???

Was/is this Folder Encrypted???

BTW... I edited the Title of this Thread, so maybe more members will check it out and maybe post ideas that may help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back