Need help with new grafic card

Cristos

OSNN Newbie
Hello!

I have.. ABIT NF7-S v.2.0; AMD AthlonXP 2500+(BARTON), running at 3200+; dual memory, sum of 1024MB (2.5-3-3-8); OS, WinXP sp1; Vid.card ATi Radeon 9800(PRO).:(

I want.. a much better Vid.card that fits to this rig!:rolleyes:

What about these new X800 cards? Can I use them?

Erm.. X800 Yes, there are AGP versions of it but it might not be as good as a NVidia GF6800 though.

EDIT: Especially for the money that you're paying for one.

best bang for buck for agp currently == 6800GT from nvidia...

best bang for buck in the near future == x800XL from ati if/when it is released and if/when an agp version is available...

difference == $100 between the two cards for msrp... difference in performance == neglibible for the most part...

What about differnt Brands..

Tanx for all the help.

What about different brands.. I´v herd or read somewhere that the PowerColor Radeon 9800 series had some problem. Is that for truth or just rumours?

Not sure about that, but some brand offer better after sales service.

I think different brands offer different levels on how far you cna overclock them, but if that's not too much of an issue.factor, i'm guessing the brand which gives you the best deal/package would be worth going for :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back