Need help with Microsoft Flight Sim 98 and joystick controls

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Quartersndimes, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Quartersndimes

Quartersndimes Complete Genius. . .

I'm new here, but i need a few tips. I am running a Windows Flight sim('98) on a Windows 2k. There is one problem- my joysticks and controller are all registering that i am telling it to pull back. :mad:And my calibrator registers perfect. Help!!:dead:

2. falconguard

falconguard Carbon based lifeform Political User Folding Team

Re: Help!

There is a setting that should say invert y-axis, make sure that this is unchecked. Make sure that the game is mapped to the joystick.

3. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

falcon, i think he means that even when the stick is in a neutral position, the game is still registering a non-neutral movement of the joystick.

4. Quartersndimes

Thanks, but the invert y is off already.

5. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

I have had this issue with Joysticks in the past, usually it resulted in buying a new joystick. Perhaps also throwing a fit and seeing how well the joysticks flies at a wall. I'm not certain though, there could be a fix for it. have you checked to see if there are drivers/control software available for your Joystick?

6. Quartersndimes

Actually, yes. i do have software for both my controller and my MS sidewinder forcefeedback joystik. But the sidewinder feedback doesnt work, and windows 2k wont accept the software for it.

7. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

Well, Windows 2k is pretty old and was known for compatibility problems. Have you thought about upgrading to XP? I realize this is slightly out of the scope of your question, but I think it would fix this issue and most likely other problems you may be having.

8. Quartersndimes

Actually, the software is meant for windows '98, which i dint have.