Need help... wireless connection stopped working

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by efeezee, May 11, 2003.

1. efeezee

efeezee Guest

I have my PlayStation 2 set for online play with the Linksys wireless setup and it has worked fine for months. (http://www.linksys.com/splash/wetplaystation.asp)

Now though, when I try to connect, it always says the Madden server is not responding. When I do the "Test Connection" it is successful, so there is a signal, but no matter when I try to connect, I get the "not responding" error.

Last week, a friend mentioned that his 2.4ghz cordless phone seemed to be interfering with his wireless connection for his laptop. I have always had a 2.4ghz phone, but I did add two more headsets so there is "phone to phone" communication going on now.

I am at a loss. Any ideas??

Thanks.

2. apu95

apu95 Caffeine-->Code Converter

its possible that the extra phones are screwing it up, never hurts to try and disable them...
    im guessing that the signal strength is adequate. u say that the madden server is seen as down, have u tried connecting to other game servers like SOCOM or something?

3. efeezee

efeezee Guest

I don't have any other games with online capabilities, so no luck there.

I will try unplugging and turning off all the phones.

Also, someone on another forum suggested chaging the freq. for the phones but I cannot find a menu option to do that.

Any ideas??