Need help to make decision (purchase)

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
My Boss approached me today, and said we are upgrading our notebooks for when we have to leave town for business. So the company is selling the old ones, at a real crazy price to its employees. I am usually not one to splurge on something but, I think i might just on this one for a run-of-the mill-spare.

Should I go for it at this price. any opinion is welcome.:)

thx for your input:)

Here are the specs: Price: $450 (note) these are 1 year old barely used

HP Business Notebook

Pentium M 1.6GHz, pc2700 512mb 333mhz DDR
60GB
DVD-ROM/CDRW
14.1 XGA 1024x768 TFT
ATI Radeon 9600 Mobility video card
802.11 a/b/g wireless, Bluetooth, 10/100/1000 Ethernet
6-cell Li-Ion battery
Serial, Parallel, 2 USB 2.0, SD memory slot, docking port, Smart Card support
S-video port
Windows XP Pro

I'd say thats a great deal, pending you have re-installation media for XP Pro. Even without, pretty good price.

Any warranty left?

that isn't a bad deal esp for the mobile processor. Only thing that is iffy is a warranty, but if you know its been used and in good condition then why the hell not :p

I don't think it's a good deal

you can get current technology for about double that price.

it's not as if laptops last forever, batteries in particular go after a year and they go all at once

anything more then 250$ for a laptop with obsolete technology I'd get a new one instead

Last edited:
I would have to agree with perris. You can buy a new Dell for just a few hundred more.

However, if you could talk them down to $300-350 then it would be worth it. Especially if there are no dings, scratches, marks of any sort.

well thnx to those who shared their opinion, the awestruck news is that when i walked in this morning the notebook was on my desk with a post-it saying merry christmas, and was signed by the president of the company..the others in my team also had the same thing..very nice indeed...w00t! :) *does happy dance*

Wow. Your President is awesome :) How many employees in total?

the parent company>link total world wide is prob' 30,000, I work for the sister company>link, My group is 10 in our department which handles ITsecurity for all prototype software and bluprints

That's A very nice gift from the Company. Enjoy!!

the "real" gift will be in 2 weeks, the yearly Bonus!:D

Congratulations.

I'm sure you and your team worked hard and it looks like the boss was watching!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back