need help. Ever since I got a new videocard...

• Thread starter TheBuddyJebus
  • Start date
T

TheBuddyJebus

I just bought a Geforce4 ti4600 by Visiontek, and ever since I installed it, i get random pinkish hues appear on the screen and then they go away. They don't last long, but it is still oh so very annoying. I thought at first it was the card, so i exchanged it, but it still happens.

Any idea on what might be causing the problem? Is it possible that it's my screen?

I used to have a geforce 3 ti500 before this. And everything was perfect until I switched cards.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

TheBuddyJebus

put the old card back in and see if it does it. might have screwed up your monitor

Put your old card back in your computer. Boot up Windows, remove the display drivers. Then do a manual shut down (not reboot!), remove the card and put in the new card. Then boot up XP again and it'll attempt to redetect it, but since the GeForce 4 was made AFTER XP was released, it doesn't have the proper drivers for it, so stick with it for now.

Then go to www.nvidia.com for the official drivers or www.guru3d.com for the leaked drivers (up to you which one you want) and install them via Device Manager, and NOT via setup. Reboot and it should be fixed.

Also, make sure the card sits firmly in the AGP slot, since the slot can sometimes be nasty. It must be tight in there, so that it'll work fine.

If that doesn't help, it's probably your computer that doesn't like the card. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back