need help buying a digital camera pleeze help guys

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by XP Abuser, Dec 1, 2002.

1. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

im buying a digital camera and i wanna know what would be high enough resolution for decent photos cuz i know nothing :eek:
    cheers guys:D
    and any other suggestions welcome just need info
  2. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Sacramento, CA
    do you plan to print out the pictures you take? if so, how big do you want them to be (in cm)?

to start off, i'd go no lower than 1600x1200. that's what mine is, but i haven't tried to print anything yet.
  3. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Same with Taurus; no lower then 1600 x 1200. I think more then 2 megapixels should be the least you should get. I personally like 3 and more; I think it looks better that way.

I had soon experiences with Sony digital cameras; none negative; I'v had a chance to work with the model that writes onto tiny CD-RWs; I liked that one a lot!
  4. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

ok cheers guys :D
  5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    Be careful if you go kodak with those stupid batteries that are joined. "AAs'. They don't make a good connection because they can't seat themselves. Took me a out half an hour to get mine right & I'm not looking forward to putting new ones in.
    3 megapixal cameras are getting cheaper now. If you can afford it make that the minimum.
  6. Burpster

Burpster Guest

7. lurker2100

lurker2100 Guest

Here's a good review site to take a look at:

They do some very good reviews and have forums full of people willing to help out with questions.

Another place to try would be:

Good reviews there, too. Good luck.