Need Help ASAP

transam4ws6

OSNN Newbie
I have a Sony Vaio Windows XP with Radeon 9200 graphics card which came with it stock. I just bought a Radeon 9550 and installed it. When I turned the computer on the moniter says no connection/power and just stays black, I read up on this and have put the old graphics card back it, and went to device manager and then driver display then unistalled it . Took it out the old graphics card again and put the new one in but still no luck. Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Well if both video cards are through expansion slots, it shouldn't have anything to do with the BIOS or disabling onboard video.

It's possible the card itself is bad. If the old card works fine when it's in, I would assume there is something wrong with the new card. Verify it's seated correctly, is connected to any power supplies if needed, and connected properly on the back of the PC. Other than that, RMA it.

Return material Authorization. Mail order for return it to the store.

If you are using a KVM (keyboard,vidoe,mouse) switch try the new video card connected directly to the monitor.

No video message means - Either the card is totally bad or the cable is not making a connection from the card to the monitor. Sometimes my KVM switch makes this happen.

Steps to cheack.
1) Make sure the new card is seated properly in the MB. Sometimes the rear panel bracket prevents the card from being fully inserted. If this is the case bend the bottom of the rear panel tab a little to make it go into the slot in the case.

2) Make sure the monitor video connector plugs all the way into the new video card connector. Sometimes if you put the card in and it is tilted up or down a little the video connector will not seat all the way. Screw the monitor cable connector into the card tight.

3) Make sure you are using the correct connector if the new card has dual video outputs.

Above all don't panic. It is usually something minor when a new card does not work.

also because its a vaio, check vaio website to see if there are any bios update. and since it is probbaly a sony montherbord and sony bios i would make sure all the video options are turned off. i.e. onboard, shard memory, fast write and that stuff. and see what happens when you turn it on.

also when you turn it on, after the computer beeps, hit the pause key. and see if anything comes up on the screen. if so then its a windows issue. if not then its a hardware issue.

What's a KVM switch and where can I get it? lol sorry i'm new to add ons to computers

A KVM is a special switch that basically allows you to connect 2 or more computers to the same keyboard, mouse and monitor.

The KVM switch has nothing to do with fixing your problem. If you don't have one ignore that part of the post. If you do have one then remove it. If ou don't knwo what oen is then you don't ahve oen.

LeeJend said:
If ou don't knwo what oen is then you don't ahve oen.

Is the party today or is this leftover remnants from last night? :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back