Need For Speed Underground

does anyone know how to remove the loading movies on the statup? They're kinda annoying because the first 2 movies you cant skip :confused: does anyone know how to get around this?

I hope they are able to fix the lobby issue :)

Alex :cool:

yea, if u could do that it would be good! I hate the crap at the start!

You mean the THX certified screen?

Other than that I just hit enter and it skips movies not sure what 2 movies you mean :)

Yea, I think he means EA Games [Challenge Everything] thing.

yea and the THX one.. and the bit where you see the cars speeding along.. you cant skip thoughs :(

Its really annoying :(

I wish they had kept replays in the game. I don't how many times I have done something really weird, and I want to see it again, but can't because they took out replays. Other than that, I love the game. I have finished Underground 5 times, and still haven't gotten tired of it, 3 times on medium, 2 times on hard. Gotta love the Skyline!!!

do you think if you were to edit the movie files.. like open them in notepad and delete all the code/gobble-dee-gook and save it as the same file name.. it would skip the movie?

Although, looking through the movie folder, which one is the right startup movies?

ok.. ive found the THX_logo.mad file which looks like the startup THX movie.. ill try removing the info from it and see what happens.. :)

ok that didnt work.. i removed all the data from that file so that it was 0kb's and it still loaded the THX screen on startup.. maybe it was the wrong file.. or maybe it wants to be annoying :(

Does anyone have any ideas?

i installed the patch and cannot change or customize my car in ug mode after completion any suggestions

Originally posted by Adrenalize
i installed the patch and cannot change or customize my car in ug mode after completion any suggestions

Thats a bummer I would say remove the patch but then you can't race online ....

As for the 2 screens they load so fast I don't get bothered by them

yea.. customize it in Quick Race mode..

Load up quick race mode, select circuit or whatever and when you select the car you wanna customize, just press c and do whatever you want with it.. you have all the stuff you got from completing Underground mode

you can save your car and stuff in there.. :D thats what i do so i can play different cars online :D

Nice skyline

I have not tried one yet I like the RX7 and the Miata :)

i like the second one better :D

so yea.. just customize in quickrace mode.. :D.. thats what i did and ive made many different cars :D.. mostly to just pass time :D

Originally posted by Kermit
Thats a bummer I would say remove the patch but then you can't race online ....

As for the 2 screens they load so fast I don't get bothered by them

Hmm.. i guess i can live with them.. although they arent that fast.. but hey.. nothing can be done.. i tried removing all the movies at the same time.. and that preventing the game from loading :confused: .. it just returned me back to windows for some reason

Just an idea... have you tried the no-CD patch and replacing the movies with 0byte files? Reason I say this is that it would keep it from pulling the movies off the CD when it finds they're not on your HD.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back