need for speed: high stakes

V

ViCiOuS

update on my situation:

i finally got it to install on minimum (i keep getting that move data error when i try full and typical installation)...everything works fine EXCEPT for hot pursuit mode!!! i dont get it!! it gets stuck on the loading screen (with the white loading bar and map)...then it exits out by itself and says it found some exception!!!!!!

I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP!!! PURSUIT MODE IS GREAT AND I WOULD EXTREMELY APPRECIATE ANY HELP THAT U CAN GIVE ME!!!

thank u

hmmm hard one to help with

i guess you have tried heaps of drivers and your fully updated ?

game has the latest patches ?

Ok

turn off sound accelerattion in sound properties in XP

now try that and see how you go :)

I'll give you the same speel I give everyone else in this situation...

Got any computer specs? Please be specific, and then someone can help...

Thanks.

did you try compatability mode, change it to win 98/me...just a thought...worked for me with NFS V: porche 2000

High Stakes shouln't need compatibility mode in XP. It installed fine for me, although I did have a problem getting it to run in DirectX. For that, all I needed to do was run the game once in software mode, then run the 3d setup again, then it seemed to work.

It doesnt seem like this is the case with the original poster though.

It sounds like a video driver to me, or possibly a scratched CD, since he said he had problems installing it.

Like I said, we need more info on his system...

COMPUTER SPECS AND OTHER INFO

MY COMP HAS:

AMD ATHLON 1.4 GHZ
ATI RAGE 128 (WITH ALL THE LATEST DRIVERS) (32 MB)
256 RAM
40 GB

AND A LOT OF OTHER GOOD STUFF

EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS PERFECTLY IN THE GAME EXCEPT FOR PURSUIT MODE (PROB THE BEST MODE) I CHECKED THE CD AND IT'S DEFINITELY NOT SCRATCHED UP. I DONT SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS...I TRIED THE COMPATABILITY MODE AND EVERYTHING BUT NOTHING WORKS FOR PURSUIT MODE. AND MY COMPUTER SEEMS TO HAVE EXCELLENT HARDWARE. PLEASE HELP!!! THANKS

TELL ME IF U NEED ANY OTHER COMP SPECS!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!

Sounds to me that because you had to install minimum, and because of move data errors, that you may have CD or CD-reader proplems.
If you have either multiple CD-readers, or perhaps a CD-reader and CD-Writer, try swapping about a bit. Sorry I could'nt have been more help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back