Need For Speed 4 (High Stakes)

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by ViCiOuS, Dec 14, 2001.

1. ViCiOuS

ViCiOuS Guest

i dont know if i'm the only one having this problem or not but when i try to install it on my computer (amd athlon 1.4 ghz, win xp, blah, blah, blah)...i get some strange error.....it says cyclic redundancy error or something like that...also it says that it was "error -117 cannot transfer files" or something similar...this error usually occurs when transfering the car.viv file for the bus i think.

i tried to do all the different installations (typical, minimum, full) but they all stop at the same point. NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK!!!

please, please, please help!! any info will be helpful!!!

thank you

2. Enigma X

Enigma X Guest

I installed it, no problem. But running the game created an

error. So I cannot play NFS-HS either. :(

3. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

Don't know what is causing the install error but their is a patch out on a lot of the NFS sites that was origanlly made for Win2k but works for XP as well.

4. ViCiOuS

ViCiOuS Guest

LATEST UPDATE ON MY PROBLEM

i finally got it to install on minimum (i keep getting that move data error when i try full and typical installation)...everything works fine EXCEPT for hot pursuit mode!!! i dont get it!! it gets stuck on the loading screen (with the white loading bar and map)...then it exits out by itself and says it found some exception!!!!!!

I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP!!! PURSUIT MODE IS GREAT AND I WOULD EXTREMELY APPRECIATE ANY HELP THAT U CAN GIVE ME!!!

thank u