Need Fast Help, Can't burn a audio Cd that will work in my car!

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
I rented a CD-RW to make some audio cd's for a long road trip I will be taking. It is a Iomega 52X24X52. Problem is everything that I burn from my MP3 collection on my PC to CD-R's won't work in my car! I have burned tons of music cd's in the past and play those in my car all the time with no problems, but can't get this damn thing to work right.

I have verified that the burn process closes the disk and all disks burned work just fine in my cd/dvd player in my pc. But when I put the disk in my car cd player it ID's track 1 but then just keeps searching the disk like crazy and never stops.

I need fast help here guys as I only have the CD-RW till Friday at Noon!

BTW I am using the Iomega HotburnPro software. I am going to try CDburnerXP Pro that I found in another thread as well.

Last edited:
download nero and try burning
maybe the media isnt read by your cars cdplayer? that can happen!

Well i just got done trying to use CDBurnerXP Pro and get the same thing. I have tried burning it at speeds as low a 8X upto as high as 52X no difference. I get the same thing everytime. I have confirmed that the tracks are being recorded in CDA format just like the disks that I have burned in the past that work just fine.

Could it be the CD-R's that I am using? They are just some cheap ones by Hyundai 700mb 80 min ones. Would it make any difference? I will DL nero now and give it a try and post back in a few mins.

This happens to my Fiance sometimes. It depends on both the media you use and the CD Player in your car. On lower-end CD players, they are very picky with what they play. The media itself can be the deal breaker, so you have to be careful. If you are in a pinch, you might be best off trying to find CD's that you have burned to in the past that have worked.

BTW, since when can you "rent" CD-RW drives?

Well if Nero doesn't work I will run to walmart and get another type of CD-R to try. The local computer store is doing me a favor by letting me rent it, they know me well down there.

The disks then can make a diffrence sure someone can tell you bout that for now cause to late for me :p

BTW, since when can you "rent" CD-RW drives?

14 Day Return at a shop maybe lol

Maveric169 said:
Well if Nero doesn't work I will run to walmart and get another type of CD-R to try. The local computer store is doing me a favor by letting me rent it, they know me well down there.

Interesting, but may I ask since the cost is so low for a CD-RW these days, especially not a combo drive, why you didn't go that route?

I didn't go that route as I have an external CD-RW at my home in Cali, just not enough time to ship it out here before I leave. Me and my girl of 12 years are going through a seperation.

Anyway, interesting thing just happened. I tried the disk I just burned with nero at 32X and my CD player struggled a bit but did play it .... ONCE. After that it started having a fit again. I am wondering if my audio deck is on the fritz! :( Going to try and look up the error code now.

Burn at 8x for compatability and go out and get some Memorex or TDK disks. I have yet to have any problem with these brands on every player I put them in. But burn at 8x, some players are really picky about the speed also. I burn all my music CDs at 8x. Yeah it takes longer but I don't have problems.

Good Luck. :)

I just got back from walmart with some Maxell CD-R's, they are the same type as the ones that I have burned before and work perfect. I hope this does the trick.

Just drop the speed and all will be forgiven.

Well I will be DAMNED!!!!!!! YES!!! It was the CD-R's! I burned one of the Maxell ones I just bought and worked perfect, no pause, no searching no nothing but pure music!

Thank you EVERYONE for you help!!!!

Last edited:
American Dragon posted a link in the "what dvd media" do you use thread - Always aim at buying DVD and CD blanks from the manufacturers in the first group :)

Outstanding! :D

Good to hear it (no pun intended :rolleyes: ). Well for you to hear anyway. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back