Need Fast Help, Can't burn a audio Cd that will work in my car!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Maveric169, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

I rented a CD-RW to make some audio cd's for a long road trip I will be taking. It is a Iomega 52X24X52. Problem is everything that I burn from my MP3 collection on my PC to CD-R's won't work in my car! I have burned tons of music cd's in the past and play those in my car all the time with no problems, but can't get this damn thing to work right.

I have verified that the burn process closes the disk and all disks burned work just fine in my cd/dvd player in my pc. But when I put the disk in my car cd player it ID's track 1 but then just keeps searching the disk like crazy and never stops.

I need fast help here guys as I only have the CD-RW till Friday at Noon!

BTW I am using the Iomega HotburnPro software. I am going to try CDburnerXP Pro that I found in another thread as well.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2005
  2. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

3. jimi_81

jimi_81 Moderator Political User

download nero and try burning
    maybe the media isnt read by your cars cdplayer? that can happen!

4. Maveric169

Well i just got done trying to use CDBurnerXP Pro and get the same thing. I have tried burning it at speeds as low a 8X upto as high as 52X no difference. I get the same thing everytime. I have confirmed that the tracks are being recorded in CDA format just like the disks that I have burned in the past that work just fine.

Could it be the CD-R's that I am using? They are just some cheap ones by Hyundai 700mb 80 min ones. Would it make any difference? I will DL nero now and give it a try and post back in a few mins.

5. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

This happens to my Fiance sometimes. It depends on both the media you use and the CD Player in your car. On lower-end CD players, they are very picky with what they play. The media itself can be the deal breaker, so you have to be careful. If you are in a pinch, you might be best off trying to find CD's that you have burned to in the past that have worked.

BTW, since when can you "rent" CD-RW drives?

6. Maveric169

Well if Nero doesn't work I will run to walmart and get another type of CD-R to try. The local computer store is doing me a favor by letting me rent it, they know me well down there.

7. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

The disks then can make a diffrence sure someone can tell you bout that for now cause to late for me :p

14 Day Return at a shop maybe lol

8. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Interesting, but may I ask since the cost is so low for a CD-RW these days, especially not a combo drive, why you didn't go that route?

9. Maveric169

I didn't go that route as I have an external CD-RW at my home in Cali, just not enough time to ship it out here before I leave. Me and my girl of 12 years are going through a seperation.

Anyway, interesting thing just happened. I tried the disk I just burned with nero at 32X and my CD player struggled a bit but did play it .... ONCE. After that it started having a fit again. I am wondering if my audio deck is on the fritz! :( Going to try and look up the error code now.

10. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Burn at 8x for compatability and go out and get some Memorex or TDK disks. I have yet to have any problem with these brands on every player I put them in. But burn at 8x, some players are really picky about the speed also. I burn all my music CDs at 8x. Yeah it takes longer but I don't have problems.

Good Luck. :)

11. Maveric169

I just got back from walmart with some Maxell CD-R's, they are the same type as the ones that I have burned before and work perfect. I hope this does the trick.

12. gonaads

Just drop the speed and all will be forgiven.

13. Maveric169

Well I will be DAMNED!!!!!!! YES!!! It was the CD-R's! I burned one of the Maxell ones I just bought and worked perfect, no pause, no searching no nothing but pure music!

Thank you EVERYONE for you help!!!!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2005
  14. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

American Dragon posted a link in the "what dvd media" do you use thread - Always aim at buying DVD and CD blanks from the manufacturers in the first group :)

15. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

And yes Maxell is in the first group ;)

16. Maveric169

Thanks, I will remember that in the future!

17. gonaads

Outstanding! :D

Good to hear it (no pun intended :rolleyes: ). Well for you to hear anyway. :p