Need DVD Driver

You don't need to update the drivers.
If it is not showing up in my computer / device manager, reboot and see if you can see it in the bios.

ok, I unplugged my DVD drive, started my computer, then once it all loaded up, I shut it down, plugged it back in. It still didn't work. I did take it out of the computer and here is the name:

16X Artec DVD Bulk Gray
Model Number: DHI-G40 B
It was made in 2002

If you have tried the suggestions in this thread then I really don't think it is a firmware issue. It's definately not a driver issue. I'd be more inclined to go with software. Have you tried a different dvd player??

Well, It is still causing the original problem which is, even if there is a disk in the DVD drive, and I go into My Computer, it will say "please insert a disk into this drive."

yeah, It doesn't seem to be helping me. I might just have to get a new drive...

One last thing to try.......from me anyway.

If you know someone with a dvd burner & a rw disk get them to make a boot disk. Set the bios, boot up & see if it picks the disk up. If not then you are probably right in saying it is dead.

If it is grab a burner.....cheap as chips. :D

What is a good burner to get? I think I would like to get a External one.

Do they make them so I could also connect it straight a TV?

What format should I look for? Dual format?

Thanks.

Lite-on, Sony, Plextor, Phillips are the top brands. Check out forums and reviews at www.cdfreaks.com They are the OSNN of the CD/DVD world.

Lite-on has a dual layer 16x +/-RW on rebate recently for under $100.
Single layer 8-16x +/-RW are going for as low as $50-60 now.

Warning media quality over 2.4x varies and may produce coasters. Dual Layer DVD blanks cost $5-10 each. So don't get too excited about being able to use a dual layer 16x in the near future. Quality blanks are still in development.

Personally since the dual layer unit have dropped to under $100 I'd probably get one now. If money is an issue go with an "4-8x single layer dual format".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back